West Wales Intermediate Cup semi-final:

Goodwick United 5–1 Cwmfelin Press

Goodwick United will face Morriston Olympic in this season's West Wales Intermediate Cup final at the Liberty Stadium after a resounding 5-1 win over Cwmfelin Press at Stebonheath Park tonight.

A superb Rhys Dalling strike seperated the teams at the break - before further second half goals from Rob Morgans, Dalling again, Johnny Horgan and Kieran O'Brien completed an impressive display from Nigel Delaney's side.

There were few chances in the early exchanges – and yet the intensity was frenetic as referee Jeff Moore endured a difficult opening few minutes.

Cwmfelin winger Kyle Morgan lunged late into Goodwick midfielder Rob Morgans - with the latter’s reaction to the tackle meaning both players were booked.

That set the tone for a niggly first half as centre back Anthony Couzens also went into the book for the Phoenix Boys while Ashleigh Dennis and substitute Leigh Morgan, who replaced the injured Dean Sullivan early on, saw yellow for Cwmfelin.

As a result, both sides struggled to get into a rhythm and were restricted to shots from long range, with Goodwick right winger Chris O’Sullivan having his side’s first effort on target after a mazy run – but his low 20 yard shot was comfortably held by Cwmfelin keeper Ben Parkin.

Dean Walsh fired high and wide from 25 yards for the Swansea based side - but as the half wore on it was Delaney’s men who got in the ascendancy.

Johnny Horgan was inches from opening the scoring when he latched onto a Dalling lay off and fired just wide from the edge of the area.

Dalling himself then saw his looping acrobatic effort grasped by Parkin at the second attempt – but then on 35 minutes, the striker opened the scoring in style.

He picked up Chris O’Sullivan’s throw in 20 yards from goal, and curled a superb left foot shot into Parkin’s far corner – leaving the keeper rooted to the spot.

Cwmfelin tried to respond as Mathew Dowling’s long range left foot shot nearly crept under Goodwick keeper James Gwilt, before Liam Lynch fired wide from similar range – but Delaney would have been more than satisfied as his side led 1-0 at the break.

But 10 minutes into the second half, the Phoenix Boys had their first serious scare when Ross Lynch put cousin Liam clean through on goal - but Gwilt did brilliantly to race from his line and block his effort.

At the other end, O'Sullivan flashed a curling 30 yard free kick just wide, before Cwmfelin's Dean Walsh became the sixth player in the referee's book for a nasty tackle on Adam Raymond.

Then on 62 minutes came the decisive Goodwick goal as Morgans cut in from the left, and unleashed a fierce shot that dipped under Parkin and into the bottom corner.

And seven minutes later the tie was effectively over - as Dalling outpaced his marker Dennis to reach an O'Sullivan ball over the top, and kept his cool to make it 3-0.

Morgans had another half chance when his close range effort was blocked by Parkin - before Horgan then got in on the act with the fourth, as he took advantage of some slack defending to compose himself and place a left foot shot into the corner from 15 yards.

On a rare negative note for Goodwick on the night - Dalling limped off late on just five days before the Senior Cup final, before Cwmfelin's Ross Jones grabbed a consolation when he scuffed home through Gwilt's legs following a goalmouth scramble.

But fittingly, it was Goodwick who had the final word when Kieran O'Brien tapped in after the Cwmfelin defence failed to deal with an O'Sullivan free kick.

"I'm delighted," Delaney told Telegraph Sport afterwards.

"We had been to see them play and knew that they would fly into us. We had to be patient but once the first goal came we settled.

"We always create chances and I thought we would get more goals in the second half."

The final will take place on Tuesday, May 3, 7.30pm kick off at the Liberty.

Goodwick United: James Gwilt, Stefan Hayes, Wayne O’Sullivan, Anthony Couzens, Scott Delaney, Adam Raymond, Chris O’Sullivan, Kieran O’Brien, Rob Morgans (Patrick Hughes 85), Rhys Dalling (Jordan Griffiths 80), Johnny Horgan (Steven Dockerty 75).

Subs not used: Darren Devonald, Adam Butler.

Cwmfelin Press: Ben Parkin, Mitchell Jones, Dean Sullivan (Leigh Morgan 24), Ashleigh Dennis, Ross Jones, Kyle Morgan, Ross Lynch, Dean Walsh (Greig Harris 66), Mathew Dowling (Darren Waters 88), Calum Rees, Liam Lynch.

Subs not used: Ricky Kerr, Thomas Grey.

Referee: Jeff Moore.

Assistant referees: James Austin and Tim Drean.

Fourth official: Nigel Hill.