It is 24 years since St Dogmaels lifted the J Emrys Morgan Cup for the only time but the way in which the Costcutter League champions fired in round three with a superb 3-0 away win over former holders Penybont has given rise to optimism among followers.

Saints made the long trek to the Llandrindod Wells area pay dividends as they subdued the strong Powys side of the JT Hughes Montgomeryshire League.

The visitors had inspirational skipper and central defender Jason Williams on the bench after he suffered a back injury outside of football, and the armband went to his brother Adam who was outstanding.

Penybont started at a frenetic pace and matched the visitors for the opening quarter, but Saints asserted before the interval and never looked back.

Rhys Jones and Louis Harding exchanged passes in midfield before the former burst into the penalty area where he was brought down for a penalty.

Jones promptly got to his feet and dispatched the spot-kick.

As the north Pembrokeshire villagers upped the tempo during the second period Chris Morgan crossed for front-runner Harding to double the advantage, and stand in skipper Williams set up Josh Mellor who cut inside and fired into the bottom corner of the net.

Newcastle Emlyn also booked their passage after an impressive 5-0 win over Crannog at the Urdd Centre.

With striker Jake Kelly back in the fold after an injury break the Reds were dangerous throughout and played some of the best football they have produced this term.

Corey Davies fired the visitors ahead early on and got the second goal with a header just before half time.

Kelly made it 3-0 with a clinical piece of finishing, Sam Hall hit the fourth goal and manager Owain Thomas came on as substitute to fire home a free kick and make it a nap hand for his side.

The game was marred by a player from each side receiving marching orders after the interval.

With three new signings and also strengthened by the availability of collegians Dewi Stars reached the next stage with a 3-1 win over full-of-fight Aberaeron Reserves at Llanddewi Brefi.

Gethin Thomas netted with a free kick to give Stars the lead and but for squandering a number of other opportunities and being denied by goalkeeper Simon Kinney the homesters would have been out of sight before half time.

David Beck netted for Stars early in the second half and Efan Thomas got the third goal. To their credit the visitors stuck to their task and Simon Bray was on target near the end.

Bargod Rangers of Division Two went through at the expense of visitors Aberporth of the First Division at Parc Puw. It was 2-2 after extra time and then Stars won a penalty shootout 4-3.

In the other tie Ffostrasol were knocked out by holders and visitors Penparcau who sprang a 3-1 win at Troedyrhiw Park.