AMMANFORD were unable to defend a total of 259 for 4 as Port Talbot Town notched a seven-wicket win in the South Wales Cricket Premier League.

Opener Alun Evans had made 86, with 8 fours and a six, but the home batsmen managed to reach their winning target for the loss of three wickets.

After losing the toss and being invited to bat first, Ammanford made a promising start, with Evans and Mathew Fisher putting on 61 for the first wicket.

Fisher stuck nine boundaries in his hard-hitting knock of 40 runs, before he was caught by Nick Selman, off the bowling of Lewis Jones.

Daniel Roberts came in and made 49, with 7 fours, to advance the score to 155 - before he was caught by Lewis Jones from a Stuart Phelps delivery.

Josef Davies, batting at four, hit a big six, before he was caught by Matthew Thompson, from the bowling of Richard Edwards for 13.

Opener Alun Evans looked to be on course for a century, before he was dismissed lbw from Josh Tobin's bowling, to make it 207 for 4.

Rhodri-Huw Davies, 28no, and Rhys-Huw Davies, 22no, kept the runs flowing as their unbeaten partnership took the score beyond 250 after 50 overs.

In reply, Port Talbot's opening pair Nick Selman and Anthony Thomas set them on their way as they made 49 runs for the first wicket.

Daniel Roberts had Thomas caught by Rhodri Huw Davies for 25, but Selman then also formed another good partnership with Joseph Voke.

The score had reached 97 when Selman was caught by Owen Davies from the bowling of Mathew Fisher for 47, including 5 fours and a six.

Voke, however, continued to keep the scorers busy as he smashed 14 fours and a six in his hard-hitting 84, to take the score on to 220.

Alun Evans finally had Voke caught by Rhys Huw-Davies, but Matthew Thompson and Barney Huxtable then steered Port Talbot home.

Thompson hit 7 fours in his 67 not out, with Huxtable weighing in with 4 fours in his 21 not out, with the winning runs scored in the 47th over.

* AMMANFORD Seconds lost by four wickets in their match against Ynystawe, after being limited to 167 all out at Ammanford Park.

Jamie Evans, batting at number six, made 76, but in reply the visitors took 34 overs to reach their winning score of 168 for 6.

Rowan Evans, 31 not out, and Arun Maurya, 26 not out, scored the winning runs, despite Matthew Warnes returning 4 for 25 in his 10 overs.

Meanwhile Ammanford Thirds were all out for 220, in reply to Clydach Thirds' 239 for 4, in an exciting encounter at Ynystawe Park.

For Clydach, Ioan Martin top scored with 94, and Mark Todd was 82 not out, with Jac Davies returning 2 for 36 for Ammanford.

In reply, Neville Pritchard, batting at eight, made 86 runs, Josh Davies 28 and Steffan Wyn Williams 26 - only to finish 19 runs short.